Tangelo Games is an innovative and global social casino gaming company facilitating the convergence of social networking and social mobile with offices in Toronto, Tel Aviv and Barcelona.
Life at Tangelo is more than making original and funny games! It’s about being creative, passionate and always willing to build meaningful relationships. Join our team and get ready to shape the future of entertainment.
In a great office with amazing environment, we work hard and play hard. Strive to write excellent robust code that we can be proud of, and create scalable solutions used in all our offices worldwide.
Developers of modern online multiplayer games face with big technical challenges when creating games with near to real time features. So our backend stack is developed using several technologies and programming languages (Java, Golang, C#, etc…). We are looking for passionate developers who are not afraid to work with the existing code, but eager to improve, extend, and continuously refactor the current code base.
What you will do
- As a Backend Developer, you will be focused on developing and delivering backend services for our games. You will be responsible for the whole game development flow among with the following major responsibilities:
- Work in a cross-functional team pushing forward both technical and product aspects of our games
- Work closely with game developers, game design and other experts on achieving shared goals
- Write clean code, do code reviews and care about the overall quality
- Help maintain the infrastructure with instrumentation, monitoring and logging and continuous delivery pipelines
- Be involved in determining the feasibility of features, with respect to time and cost and be integrated in business decisions as part of our development strategy
- Support other team members in their work and share your knowledge and experience with the team
- Assist in resolving any issues that might arise with solutions
- Conduct researches to find technological solutions to product and business challenges
What we are looking for
- At least 3 years of work experience as a backend developer
- Solid understanding of all aspects related to server-side development
- Clean coder who cares about code maintainability and follow/propose best practices
- Demonstrable experience working in teams and with team collaboration tools (Git, Github or similar, code reviews, pull-requests, etc… )
- Ability to explain technical issues to both technical and non-technical people
- Ability to work independently, take the initiative and have high level of ownership
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements
- Ability to learn quick, passionate, curious and inquisitive about technology
- Fluent level of English and Spanish
Bonus point if you have
- Experience designing and implementing systems with multiple parts and technologies
- Experience with application scalability, performance and reliability
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with cloud based infrastructure (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc… )
- Flexible working hours
- Multicultural, friendly and talented team. Learn with the best!
- Employee Training Program. Keep learning!
- In-house training and team building events
- Fully equipped HQ with beer tap, ping pong, boxing set and much more!
- Competitive salary range
- Permanent contract
- Employee Referral Program Bonus
- Fully equipped kitchen with free coffee, snacks and fresh fruits