Site Reliability Engineer
Tangelo Games is a leading developer and publisher of social games with a strongly engaged global community of more than 1.5 million monthly players that enjoy playing our wide portfolio of more than 90 top-ranked titles.
But life at Tangelo is more than games! Since it was born in 2011, Tangelo has grown to be a solid company but has kept the agility, soul and passion of a start-up while boosting a strong corporate culture based on community, commitment, challenge and pragmatism. Always playing as A-team.
And that’s where you come in. As our next Site Reliability Engineer, you will be focused on developing, operating, maintaining and monitoring the production services for our games.
- Work in a cross-functional team with developers and other experts on achieving shared goals
- Spend approximately 50% of your time doing “ops” related work and the other 50% of your time on platform development tasks and automations
- Ensure the scalability, high availability and security of the systems
- Write clean code, do code reviews and take care about the overall quality of the services
- Reduce organizational silos, share ownership with developers to create shared responsibility
- Monitor and constantly evolve the infrastructure where the services run
- Be part of the on-call team which maintains the production systems operational 24/7
What we are looking for
- Experience with cloud based infrastructure like AWS, GCP, etc…
- Solid understanding of all aspects related to system engineering (networking, Linux operating systems, databases, security, etc…)
- Solid experience with at least a high level programming or scripting language (Golang, Python, Bash, etc… )
- Solid experience with automations development, scalability, and high performance systems
- Experience maintaining infrastructure as code and with configuration management systems (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc… )
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and have a high level of ownership
- Professional proficiency and ability to explain technical topics in English and Spanish
Technologies we use
- We write services/lambdas/scripts using Golang or Python
- Our infrastructure is primarily hosted in AWS
- Our new generation infrastructure is deployed in Kubernetes using EKS (Elastic Kubernetes Service)
- We use Docker/Docker Compose/MiniKube in our local development environments
- We do CI/CD with Travis and AWS CodePipeline/CodeBuild
- We handle more than 1TB of player data, so everyday we face challenges on how to store and scale our data services
- Eagerness to help a thriving business grow
- Willingness to share knowledge, teach and learn
- Take the initiative and have a high level of ownership
- Quick learner – Passionate, curious and inquisitive about technology
- Can-do attitude
- Good organizational skills
- Results Oriented
- Flexible working hours
- Remote work possibility
- Multicultural, friendly and talented team. Learn with the best!
- Employee Training Program. Keep learning!
- In-house training and team building events
- Fully equipped HQ with beer tap, ping pong, boxing set and much more!
- E-Scooter and Bike parking
- Shower Facilities
- Competitive salary range
- Permanent contract
- Employee Referral Program Bonus
- Fully equipped kitchen with free coffee, snacks and fresh fruits